After almost four months, I’ve finally finished this kit. Usually I only work around 2hrs/week, sometimes longer depending on my wife’s mood. I’ve done a few touch up to add details to the kit, although they were mostly too minor to see. I also went conservative with the colours I used. I mainly used four colours for the armour: light, medium and dark gray, and gunmetal black. The gunmetal is not really obvious and looks like plain black, but with closer inspection in person you will see that it is slightly lighter. I added small accents of orange as well.
I didn’t paint the white parts, just applied decals then top coat.
I used magnesium and dur aluminium colours for the frame and the back of the shield.
I also used metallic decals together with the kit’s water slide decals.
I really like how the metallic mesh compliments the surrounding bright orange.
I applied aurora film on the fin funnels, not very visible on bright background though.
Then the stand is painted with three different shades of gold to be lighter on the one end.